Easter will be here before you know it, making now the perfect time for some delightful Easter quotes. After all, miracles may happen every day but this miracle — the miracle of Christ rising from the cross to free all mankind from our sins — is one that we must never forget. With that in mind, let’s reflect on just how wondrous this gift was with these 12 lovely Easter quotes.
1. “The resurrection gives my life meaning and direction and the opportunity to start over no matter what my circumstances.” ~ Robert Flatt
2. “Let every man and woman count himself immortal. Let him catch the revelation of Jesus in his resurrection. Let him say not merely, “Christ is risen,” but “I shall rise.” ~ Phillips Brooks
3. “Christianity begins where religion ends…with the resurrection.” ~ Herbert Booth Smith
4. “Easter says you can put truth in a grave, but it won’t stay there.” ~ Clarence W. Hall
5. “It was inevitable that Jesus Christ should be crucified. It was also inevitable that He should rise again.” ~ H. R. L. Sheppard
6. “The great gift of Easter is hope – Christian hope which makes us have that confidence in God, in his ultimate triumph, and in his goodness and love, which nothing can shake.” ~ Basil C. Hume
7. “The story of Easter is the story of God’s wonderful window of divine surprise.” ~ Carl Knudsen
8. “On Easter Day the veil between time and eternity thins to gossamer.” ~ Douglas Horton
9. “And he departed from our sight that we might return to our heart, and there find Him. For He departed, and behold, He is here.” ~ St. Augustine
10. “Let the resurrection joy lift us from loneliness and weakness and despair to strength and beauty and happiness.” ~ Floyd W. Tomkins
11. “The joyful news that He is risen does not change the contemporary world. Still before us lie work, discipline, sacrifice. But the fact of Easter gives us the spiritual power to do the work, accept the discipline, and make the sacrifice.” ~ Henry Knox Sherrill
12. “In every grave on earth’s green sward is a tiny seed of the resurrection life of Jesus Christ, and that seed cannot perish. It will germinate when the warm south wind of Christ’s return brings back the spring-tide to this cold sin-cursed earth of ours; and then they that are in their graves, and we who shall lie down in ours, will feel in our mortal bodies the power of His resurrection, and will come forth to life immortal.” ~ David Gregg
So as spring comes and the grass and flowers come back to life, let it remind us of the miracle of the true Resurrection. And while the bunny and the eggs may all be fun, let these 12 Easter quotes remind us of the true reason for this holiday.